During the plenary sessions, CEO Koen Van Gerven, along with other members of the executive committee, will elaborate on our strategic priorities for the years to come.
- We are mail. We promote and defend our core mail business.
- We grow. Growth is our future. We want to set the pace for parcels in Belgium and abroad, and we want to further build out our convenience and proximity offering.
- We are lean, agile and flexible. We are focused, fast moving and responsive in our way of working.
- We are @ core. Our employees are our most important asset while we create value for the society at large.
These strategic priorities will support the achievement of our medium-term value and financial objectives. Key elements include:
- Domestic parcels: We want to achieve profitable volume growth of at least +75% by 2020 from the 2015 base.
- International parcels: We want to at least double our revenues by 2020 from the 2015 base.
- EBITDA 2020: ambition to achieve at least EUR 620m EBITDA by 2020, supported by a growing revenue base, stringent cost control and accretive contribution of mergers and acquisitions already announced incl. Lagardère Travel Retail.
- Dividend: We maintain our sustainable yearly dividend based on at least 85% pay-out of BGAAP net profit and we reconfirm our ambition to pay a gross dividend per share of at least the same level of last year based on the results of the financial year 2016.
Koen Van Gerven, CEO, declared: "bpost's profound transformation over the past decade demonstrates that we are "Always on the move" to bring our clients closer and to make their lives easier. It all started with mail, which will continue to play an important role in our company's future. Meanwhile we have adapted ourselves to respond to changing customer needs and we have built out a dynamic domestic and international parcels offering as well as innovative proximity and convenience services. Our ambition presented here today is built on four blue chips which will guide us in the years to come. Our new mid-term targets ensure that we will create significant and sustainable value for all our stakeholders."
The plenary sessions, including Q&A, will start at 1.00pm CET and last until approximately 5.30pm CET. They can be followed via a live webcast on: http://corporate.bpost.be/investors/results-reports-and-presentations/capital-markets-day/2016.
The presentation materials will be posted on our website at the end of the session.
For more information:
Baudouin de Hepcée (journalists and investors)
+32 (0)476 49 69 58
Saskia Dheedene (investors only)
+32 (0)2 276 7643
Barbara Van Speybroeck (journalists only)
+32 (0)476 51 79 29
The information in this document may include forward-looking statements, which are based on current expectations and projections of management about future events. By their nature, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future whether or not outside the control of the Company. Such factors may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Accordingly, no assurance is given that such forward-looking statements will prove to have been correct. They speak only as at the date of the Presentation and the Company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in factors affecting these statements.
 as defined among others under the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995